Oh, how He loves us.

"How He Loves" by David Crowder Band

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves all.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

How beautiful is the love of God for us. How beautiful and how big, how wide, and how deep. How long. How everlasting. Unfailing. Unconditional. Unending. And more valuable than anything the world can ever offer to us. His love sweeps us off of our feet. "Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy." A love so big, that when we place other people and things before His name, He yearns for us to come back to Him and for us to get back on His feet. His sole desire is to have such an intimate relationship with us. We should have that mutual feeling with Him. How unfortunate that we forget such a great promise like that. But He still loves us. A perfect God we serve, would still love a sinner like you and I. How amazing.

0 comments: