hours of work.

I took a few pictures of Jessamin first week of Feb. It was at a Wedding Anniversary celebration, and I've been wanting to do something like this with her. So I finally had the time today to do so. Yay! But anyway. This took about 3-4 hours with alot of indecisiveness! Haha. At first I was going to make it a square crop. But it was too tight of a crop. And what reaaally gave me the idea to do all of this was because of a Flickr contact's upload. Some guy with a shirt of what I thought was a open door photoshopped on his chest. But it wasn't. And then I looked for stock photos of those gothic-feel doors, which took forever. I even searched Google, and came up Evanescence's "The Open Door" album cover (take a look at it if you haven't seen it yet!), and that inspired me so much more. Major kudos to whoever designed their album. I remember when I used to like them, hah. And so as you see on their album cover PLUS the stock photo of the door, I planned to make the door open into a sky (my idea before anyway). And after all the work of making it look similar, I made the photoshop layer of the opened door invisible, so that only the outside border was visible ( i have no idea if you understood that ). And it looked way better, so I just left the door completely open, without the door layer. So here it is:

0 comments: